Car racing and events have become popular in recent years. With the invention and growth of bookmakers, the CFL and the NHL are not Canada's only sports betting events. Today, Canucks can bet on Formula 1 car racing events. Here are the top Canadian sportsbooks where fans can bet on F1 races.
Best F1 Betting Sites in Canada
Best Formula 1 Betting Sites
Formula 1 is a global racing event where top-ranking racers from across the globe meet for a championship. The event starts with the Grand Prix in different regions. Monaco, Italian, Canadian, and British Grand Prix are the most famous F1 events in the world.
F1 gambling sites are all the sportsbooks that offer F1 odds and markets on these grand prix events. Canucks can enjoy live betting and live streaming of ongoing races on Canadian bookies.
This page reviews the best F1 betting sites for Canadian players in 2023. Dive in to learn more.
How We Rate the Bookmakers?
An expert review of popular betting sites follows a specific ranking system. This F1 betting guide uses these criteria to rank or rate the bookmakers:
- F1 Player Promos: Top bookmakers offer a welcome bonus to new players in free bets, risk-free bets, or a no-deposit F1 bet. In addition to these are enhanced betting odds and a Loyalty program.
- F1 Sports Coverage: F1 only covers car racing events. However, this does not limit the number of events covered in a specific period. Although there is one F1 Season, there are other Grand Prix events worldwide.
- F1 betting Markets: F1 has several betting markets for Canucks in 2023. These include the live bets, futures bet, safety bets for the cars or drivers, leader for the first lap of the race and many more.
- Security at F1 Gaming sites: Only legal F1 betting sites make it onto our sportsbook list. Bookies with a Canadian License rank first. But Canucks can also use odds from offshore sites to wager on favorite teams or drivers. The offshore sites must have a reputable license, e.g., Malta, UKGC, or Kahnawake, among others.
- Customer support at F1 gambling sites: Canucks value 24/7 support from Canadian betting sites. Ranking F1 sites have live chat platforms, detailed FAQs, mobile numbers, emails, and social media for players in Canada to reach out to.
Best F1 Betting Sites
There is numerous Canadian sportsbook offering Formula 1 fan gambling odds. Sorting through the online gambling market poses a significant challenge. But with our betting guide for the best F1 betting sites, you can pick a trusted site from our list.
One of the longest-serving online sportsbooks in Canada since 1997. Sports Interaction is the place to visit exciting sports betting markets, including F1.
- Great Promos: As a top-choice bookmaker, Canadians experience free bets, and other rewards with the Sports Interaction welcome bonus. Regular bettors get the Refer-A-Friend promo and weekly rewards.
- Live betting: Witness the F1 action in popular venues worldwide. Modify your bets depending on driver performances while on the racetrack. With each pre-match won, the driver and constructors' odds change.
- Sports Interaction Mobile App: The sportsbook has no betting app in Canada as of now. But, players can bet on any favorite sports via the mobile website.
- Sports Interaction Payments: The sportsbook has every method for money transfer. Canucks can use credit cards like Visa and wire transfers like Interac e-Transfer.
A dedicated Canadian sportsbook that is accepting only players from Canada. Bodog has several exceptional services on offer for Canadian bettors. These include:
- A wide range of deposit options: Use popular banking methods amongst Canadian punters, such as Interac e-transfer. If not, use crypto coins like Bitcoin. If you are uncomfortable with the two, you can always share your credit card information with Bodog to deposit or cash out.
- Live betting: The sportsbook has one of the best live betting software. You only need to choose the event, and you can bet as the match continues.
- Mobile betting on Bodog: Wager on favorite events, including F1, on a mobile bookie site. Although there is no Bodog app, the sportsbook site is flawless, fast, and convenient to use while on the move.
- Bodog Promos: New Canucks joining the sportsbook get a 100% match deposit bonus with a free cash reward of up to C$400.
- Sports Coverage: Bodog does have a wide sports range with basketball, Football, Tennis, and F1, among others. Canucks must study the F1 Bodog markets and odds before betting any amount.
One of the best F1 sports betting sites in Canada. Canucks can stream F1 events directly from BetVictor and wager as the race for the Formula One World Championships winner continues. Here are the perks you can expect from this bookmaker.
- Great sports coverage: You get to bet on the regular basketball and Soccer markets and experience the thrilling world of car racing. Bet on popular F1 markets on BetVictor.
- Claim the Welcome Free Bet Promo: Get a free bet welcome bonus of up to C$300 free cash, with the promo code NEWBONUS.
- Enjoy live betting and streaming on BetVictor: Stream each of the F1 races available for live viewing. Wait for the collisions, overtaking, and skidding of the tires before you wager on a winning driver or constructors team.
The Sweden-based sportsbook is one of a kind, especially with the welcome sports betting offer given to new players. Not only do Canucks get a maximum of C$75 in free bets, but each new player can also claim a match deposit bonus of up to C$1,000 free money. Here are other benefits to enjoying betting on LeoVegas.
- Wide Sports Coverage: Not only do you get a few F1 events as sports, but also the hockey, basketball, football, and other ball games in the world.
- Live streaming and betting: Stream your favorite sport using the LeoVegas Live-stream feature. Don't forget to wager depending on the changing team or driver dynamics if streaming a live F1 race.
- Banking with LeoVegas: Bank with your select payment methods like e-wallets, bank transfers or credit cards. Cashing out may take a while due to the processing period required and identity verifications.
- LeoVegas Mobile betting: LeoVegas has a mobile app for Canadian players and an optimized Mobile sportsbook site. The mobile platforms have similar functions as the main Website. Thus, you bet live, claim promos, and bank with your mobile device.
The Betsson Group run sportsbook has more than 15 years of experience in the gambling and sports betting industry. The bookmaker is set to join the Canadian sports betting industry after attaining the Ontario iGaming license. Players can expect the latest F1 matches in 2023 on Betsafe.
- Sports coverage: Betsafe does offer varied sports as potential betting markets. But, F1 fans can visit the F1 betting section and wager on the available markets. On Betsafe, these are the constructor winner for the drivers' championship, head-to-head drivers' competition, and more.
- Betsafe Banking: Canucks have several options when betting on F1. These include credit cards like Visa, instant banking options with Citadel, prepaid cards like Paysafecard, and more.
- Betsafe Mobile Betting: Play discretely on Betsafe mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Select F1 on the mobile platform and view the available markets on the international sports icon on the leading Website.
The online bookmaker has a license from Ontario iGaming. Canucks can peruse the 888sport website to find the best F1 bets for the 2023 F1 Drivers and constructors championship. Here is more on the Canadian sportsbook.
- Sports Coverage: Apart from Formula 1, 888sports also covers other motorsport activities, including NASCAR, Superbikes, IndyCar Series, and Formula E.
- 888sport Banking: Bettors get a select deposit and withdrawal options on 888sport. These include ApplePay, Visa, Interac e-Transfer, Paysafecard, and MasterCard.
- 888sport Mobile Betting: Bet on the 888sport betting mobile app for Android, iOS, and Windows operating systems. Claim the 888sport mobile welcome bonus. Choose any F1 betting markets, study the odds, and wager on the 888sport mobile app.
The sportsbook came into operation in 2018, offering a wide range of sports coverage and betting odds. Powerplay will soon have a legal license to operate in Canada using the Ontario sports betting license. Here are the perks you can expect from the sportsbook.
- Live betting; Choose the live betting event to watch and try a winning wager for the day from the thousands of available options, including F1.
- Welcome Bonus: Get a sportsbook deposit bonus of up to C$500 with your first deposit. Only newbies on Powerplay can claim this offer.
- PowerPlay Mobile app: The bookmaker has no mobile app, but Canucks can log onto the sportsbook mobile website. The optimized site has all functionalities, including live betting, bonuses, and betting odds.
- Banking with PowerPlay: Deposit using any preferred method, from e-wallets like Neteller to Credit or debit cards like Visa. Do a bank transfer or use cryptocurrencies for a more discrete and fast transaction.
- Sports Coverage: You can decide to bet on a wide range of sports on Powerplay. However, the casino restricts potential F1 bets to Virtual Motor Sports.
Another Ontario licensed bookmaker for Canadian players. The sportsbook got its license in 2022, offering bet markets from 100+ popular sporting events and live markets in Canada. Canucks can deposit and wager on sports anytime on this sportsbook.
- Bet Live: Wager on any of the races during the Grand Prix. You can start with the pre-match races and watch out for qualifying drivers, constructors, and their skills while on the track.
- Sports Coverage: The sportsbook has many sports on offer other than F1. Others include tennis, Golf, baseball, hockey, and football.
- RoyalPanda Mobile Betting: Bet on any sports on Royal Panda mobile gambling site on your smartphone. The optimized site is compatible with Android and iOS mobile operating systems. Wager and claim any Royal Panda Promos on the mobile-based bookmaker.
A leading sportsbook that is offering one of the best live betting platforms for Canucks. ShangriLa offers the latest F1 betting markets and offs. Canucks can do in-play betting, go for futures betting or bet live. Other perks of the sportsbook include;
- Excellent promos; Get a nice welcome bonus and other promos after registering and joining the Canadian sportsbook: the match deposit bonus and free cash to bet on favorite F1 markets.
- Sports coverage: Apart from F1 races and events, Canucks can also choose other sports betting markets. These include the NHL, the CFL, and many more.
- Deposits: Bank with any preferred option from the available payment methods on the bookmaker. Banking methods include Visa, interact, MasterCard, and digital coins like Bitcoin.
The largest online sportsbook in Canada, offering 30,000 plus betting markets at a go. Canucks can enjoy F1 betting and many more markets on the Betway Website. Here are the Betway sportsbook features to keep track of when online.
- Sports Coverage: Betway keeps track of all F1 races, from Australia to Monaco to Bahrain, where the 2023 championships will be. Canucks can also bet on other world events, including the NHL, esports, football and martial arts, and more.
- Betway Mobile Betting: download the Betway mobile app on your android or iOS smartphone. Install and register to claim the mobile bonus. Deposit and select F1 to bet on popular F1 bets.
- Betway Banking: with almost 30,000 bet markets, payments and withdrawals are a regular occurrence. Thus, Betway provides a wide range of options for you to use. These include e-wallets, bank transfers, digital coins, and prepaid cards.
Is It Legal to Bet on F1 in Canada?
Yes, online betting on sports is legal in Canada. Thus, any player looking to bet on Formula 1 in Canada can do that, as car racing is a sport. Although there are many bookies in Ontario and Alberta, ensure your chosen F1 site has legal licenses from any Canadian gambling authorities. Local sportsbooks are safer, but when it comes to gambling markets and competitive odds, Canadian offshore sites have more.
How to Open an Account?
After studying the sportsbook on offer for F1 betting, consider becoming a member. Start your registration process by following this step-by-step guide.
- Choose an online F1 bookmaker from the list provided. Click on the link to open the online sportsbook's main website
- Register: Click on the icon and start registration. First, Claim the Bonus
- Specify your account information
- Enter all the personal details
- Finish it with your contact details
- Click on Register to complete the process
- Ensure you enter correct or accurate information; review all details to correct errors or omissions. This can help during identity verification, as it shortens the process
- Welcome offers: Use the promo codes provided or seek customer supports to claim any promos on the bookmaker after registration or before, depending on the registration format
F1 Promotions and Bonuses
Opening a sportsbook account is relatively easy. But, collecting any rewards depends on your efforts as a betting enthusiast. You may have to deposit a minimum amount to get any bookmaker promos. Thus, pay attention to expected bonuses at F1 betting sites.
- Welcome Bonus: The offer is exclusive to new bettors joining the F1 site. The offer can reward new players with free bets, cash, or a no-deposit promo. Most sportsbooks will have a promo code to help bettors visiting for the first time activate the offer. Other sites will have a code and a minimum deposit condition. Players must meet each requirement to get the offer.
- Enhanced betting odds: Regular bets have a fixed amount in prizes after a potential win. But, with enhanced odds, Canucks get the better offer. Although every bet is a high risk, bookmakers often boost betting odds prices in case of a win. This promo is available to new and regular players. But, the offer can only be accessible to bettors for a specific period.
- Loyalty Club: The promo is only for loyal bettors and high spenders. Anyone registered with the boomaker can register with the sportsbooks VIP or loyalty program. The program offers many rewards, including free cash for each qualifying wager in a fixed period, i.e., a week or two or monthly.
How to Bet on F1?
F1 betting is wagering on your favorite motorsport, i.e., car races. You can bet on the driver, the vehicle constructors, or the whole racing event winners. After opening an account and claiming the welcome package, it is now time to learn all there is to know about F1 betting. Let's go!
F1 Betting Markets & Odds
As a first-timer, it is essential to identify any information about F1 competitions. In a sportsbook, all details depend on the available markets, odds, or bet types. Using the information, you can decide on a good wager.
F1 Betting Markets
F1 has several betting markets you can take advantage of when placing a bet on F1 sportsbooks. F1 conducts preliminary races in various regions across the globe. These pre-match races form the best betting markets for F1 fans. The markets include:
- Qualifying bet (pole position): A bet on the team or driver that takes first place in the qualifying rounds, thus, owning the pole position.
- Podium finish bet: Bets on the first three drivers to complete the race.
- Outright bet: A bet on the winning driver, who gets to collect the F1 trophy
- Futures bet: A bet on the outcomes of a future F1 sports event
- Team to win or Best Constructors: A wager on the vehicle's team or manufacturer, for instance, Ferrari, Mercedes, and many more. This is the team responsible for designing and improving the vehicle's mechanics to enter the racing competition and potentially win the race.
- Race Winners: The leading driver or participant in the F1 event. The best is similar to the winners in other sports, such as football or soccer. Odds payouts for the race winners are always high.
- Racer Victories in Total: The number of victories a single driver or racer accumulates during the whole F1
F1 Betting Odds 🔢
F1 is an international racing event with competitions happening in different regions of the globe. Thus, betting odds take other formats depending on the location. In Canada, the Decimals is the most popular format with sportsbooks.
- American Odds: (-number) or (+number), negative means the team is favored to win, while the positive is the underdog
- Decimals Odds: The lower the decimal number, the more likely the team or driver will win.
F1 Betting Features
The sportsbooks offering F1 betting markets and odds have many unique features. These include;
- Live Betting: Most bookmakers have software that streams all F1 events live for Canadians. This means Canadians can wager depending on the current team or driver's status during a race. These are what many sportsbooks call live bets.
- Secure and Safe for Canucks: Sportsbooks have SSL encryptions for securing data during transmission. This keeps player information and confidential details safe. Also, with an operating license from Ontario and other Canadian authorities, players are sure of their security when betting.
- Convenient and Responsive Player support systems: Most bookies offer direct phone lines when betting online. You can reach out to customer care anytime. Apart from mobile numbers, there is a live chat platform, email support, and detailed FAQs bettors can use to ask for assistance.
- Mobile Betting Options: Almost all sportsbooks listed here have mobile betting apps or a mobile sportsbook site. Thus, Canucks can bet anytime and from anywhere using the sportsbook app or optimized mobile sites.
- Quality Sportsbook Promos: Sportsbooks value new and regular players. Thus, new players get a welcome bonus, but regulars also enjoy enhanced betting odds and a loyalty program on Canadian sportsbooks.
F1 Betting Strategy & Tips
Before Betting on any F1 markets or choosing betting odds, bettors in Canada should build a betting strategy. You can use this section's strategy and tips to build your betting plan.
- Always start with the Pre-Race preparations: The main F1 event of the grand finale isn't the first race of the Season. Start with the other 20 Grand Prix events scattered across the globe. Information gathered from these events allows you to decide on more favorable betting odds during the F1 finale.
- Look for sites offering a variety of betting markets and bet types: Study the available bet types, including the winner, constructors, and grand prix winners. With these, you get ample experience on what to do the next time you face a bookmakers odds.
- Study the driver and the teammates: There is much drama during the F1 Season that you should look into before you a wager. Some include in-race collisions that often determine the live betting odds on display during an event, breakups during a race of the Constructors team, and more.
- Consider driver or constructors statistics: A driver's or team's reputation can help guide your betting odds selection during F1 tournaments. Studying drivers starting from the qualifying rounds to the finals, can determine who you bet on for a win.
- Always go for Bookmakers' favorites: The results of a race or sport don't deviate that far from bookmaker's predictions. Going with the choices can save you the hustle of having to study the odds on your own
F1 Rules & Format
Teams, drivers, and anyone looking for Formula 1 betting must know the season's rules and races. These include;
- Distance of the race: Not less than 305km and can only last for 2 hours driving period for safety purposes
- The number of Races varies depending on the number of participants. In 2022, the F1 races were 23, as more countries participated in the racing event.
- There are three qualifying sections. The Q1 is for the last 5 racers with the slowest speed, Q2 is for the following 5 racers occupying positions 11 to 15 in the race, and Q3 is for the remaining 10 racers with the fastest speeds. The winner among the 10 gets the pole position during the race.
- All participants must engage in the Formation Lap that aids the vehicles in warming up the tires and engines. No overtaking is allowed during this warm-up exercise.
- Five LED lights, red set the race in motion. When the last red light goes off, the racers take off, and the race is on!
- All vehicles must comply with technical and mechanical rules set by F1. in 2022, and there were significant changes, including:
- New 18-inch wheel rims
- Aerodynamics improving ground effects
- Wheel covers for vehicles on the racing track
- New power units
- Long nose to protect drivers during collisions due to their ability to withstand massive forces
F1 Teams & Drivers 2024
After understanding the rules of F1, let's look at the expected drivers during the racing event in 2023.
|Red Bull Racing
Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez
Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz
George Russel and Lewis Hamilton
Esteban Ocon and Paige Gasly
Oscar Piastri and Lando Norris
Valtteri Bottas and Zhou Guanyu
Lance Stroll and Fernando Alfonso
|Haas F1 Team
Kevin Magnussen and Nico Hulkenberg
Nyck de Vries and Yuki Tsunoda
Alexander Albon and Logan Sargeant
Biggest F1 Races to Bet on
There are many big races for F1 fans to bet on in 2023. However, the most prominent races are always in these regions:
- The German Grand Prix: in 2019, the F1 finals were in Germany, and the weather was at its works. The dramatics present in the F1 race remains the most spectacular to date. However, Max Verstappen still made it through even with a glassy surface.
- Canadian Grand Prix: in 2011, the Canadian F1 event, the grand prix, made the event a blast for live betting Canucks. McLaren's Jenson Button was able to subdue a crash but also took a puncture, got a stop-go penalty, and still snatched the victory for the race.
- European Grand Prix: During the race in 2012, Sebastian Vettel faced failure after Fernando Alonso overtook him, snatching victory from his hands. Fernando terms the win as his best success having started low at the 11 positions.
Any of the F1 races to have all these dramatics and yet have an unexpected winner is a race worth betting on any time!
Most Successful F1 Drivers & Teams
With grand wins and unexpected twists during a race, team breakups, and mechanical failures, some drivers and teams persist through different events. These include:
Successful F1 Drivers
F1 drivers to clinch the title the most include;
- Michael Schumacher and Lewis Hamilton with 7 victories each
- Juan Manuel Fangio, with 5 victories
- Alain Prost and Sebastian Vettel with 4 victories each
Successful F1 Teams
The most successful teams in F1 include:
- Ferrari, with 16 victories
- Williams, with 9 victories
- McLaren and Mercedes with 8 wins each
- Lotus, with 7 victories
How races do bettors witness in a single F1 season?
Bettors only witness 23 races as of 2022. Previously, the races were 22 in 2021, 17 in 2020 due to the pandemic, and a range of 7 to 21 before 2020.
F1 betting lines: what are these?
Betting lines are the range in which a sportsbook or bookmaker has odds for the drivers or the constructors.
Can I stream F1 events or races in Canadian Sportsbooks?
Yes, canucks can live stream the races. Most bettors choose sportsbooks with a live betting platform and F1 live streaming software. Almost all our sportsbooks have this feature.
Which Canadian sportsbook should I choose?
There is no limit to the F1 sportsbook to choose from. Read through our betting guide for F1 betting sites. Using the information gathered, pick one of the bookmakers reviewed on this page.
How do I bet on F1?
- Sign up with the F1 betting site
- Search the Sports page for F1
- Review the betting markets, i.e., Grand Prix, for instance, Bahrain
- Choose a Bet type, for example, Futures
- Specify your bet amount
- Submit the bet slip and wait
What other bet types can I find on F1 sportsbooks?
There are many bet types you can bet on of F1 bookmakers. These include Each-way, Dual forecast, Top three teams or drivers to finish, teams, divers who do not complete the race, and many more.
- MyBetting Canada
- F1 Betting Sites