In this breakdown of the top Soccer betting sites, you’ll learn all you need to know about Soccer betting Canada. At My Betting Canada, we provide comprehensive breakdowns of sports betting sites, providing our users with all the info they need to make decisions on which operators they want to engage with. In this guide to soccer betting, we’re going to be breaking down everything from their online betting bonus offers to their betting apps, exploring how they provide their users with the best soccer experience possible. With that in mind, let’s break down the websites that specialize in covering the world’s most popular sport.
Soccer Betting Sites Canada
What to Look for on a Betting Site
In this breakdown of soccer betting sites, we discuss some of the top options out there for betting on soccer. But before we dive into that, we need to explore what makes a betting site great. You have a lot of options with soccer betting for today, so you don’t have to settle for sports betting options that aren’t high-quality.
There is a lot that goes into an operator, and if you are placing soccer bets, you have to use a sportsbook that is right for you. Let’s explore some of the different things that make a sportsbook that offers soccer betting great for users.
- Soccer Coverage: Soccer is a global sport, with teams and leagues in just about every country on the planet. In order for Soccer betting sites to be among the best, they have to provide global coverage of this global game. That means they have to have odds on the leagues and games bettors are looking for.
- Soccer Betting Offers and Promotion: Betting offers Canada are the bonuses and promos that a sportsbook has available. These are the unique incentives sportsbooks provide for their users that can lead to big winnings. We’ll dive more into soccer promotions later on.
- Features: Features are the ways to use the website and engage with the operator that a sportsbook provides. All sports betting sites have unique features that set them apart. We’ll break down some of the best features for soccer betting Canada later on.
- Soccer Markets: Markets are the actual things bettors are placing bets on within a game or a sport. They can cover a wide range of different things, from who will win a golden boot to who will win a game. Every operator will have different markets and betting options available, but the best will have a large variety of ones specific to soccer.
- User Interface: The interface is how a website looks and feels. It covers things such as the navigability of the website, the layout and design, the color scheme, and more. The best soccer betting sites will have a clean and intuitive user interface and a great design.
- Banking: Banking with an operator should be easy and efficient. They should have a variety of different withdrawal and deposit options to accommodate all user preferences and quick payout speeds. The best soccer betting options will have all these things.
- Mobile Experience: The mobile experience covers how users can enjoy an operator from their smartphone. Do they have a mobile app? Is there a mobile-optimized website? Great soccer betting sites will have solid mobile options for their users.
Top Soccer Betting Sites
Without further ado, here are some of the operators that we believe bettors should utilize for their soccer betting experiences.
- Pros: Bodog is a long-established sportsbook that has a lot to offer that has been around since the 1990s. There’s a lot to like here for soccer bettors. They are one of the best betting sites with welcome bonus, and they have a lot of different markets and extensive soccer coverage. They also have a great mobile platform which sets them apart.
- Cons: No sportsbook is without cons, and Bodog is no different. Their website design could use an improvement, as it looks very basic. They don’t have many bonuses and promotions aside from their welcome package, and none specific to soccer.
- Welcome Offer: 100% Matched Deposit Up to $400 and 50 Free Spins
- Pros: Fezbet is a major operator that happens to be one of the best new betting sites around. Fezbet has a great-looking website that offers massive coverage of a lot of sports, including soccer, with great markets that users will enjoy. They have a lot of different promotions available that soccer bettors will love and solid customer support options.
- Cons: There aren’t many flaws on Fezbet, but there are some issues. The mobile experience with Fezbet is solid but not spectacular. As well, they don’t have the large Welcome Bonus that many of their competitors do provide.
- Welcome Offer: 100% Matched Deposit Up to $100
- Pros: Sports Interaction is an operator that is made by Canadians for Canadians. It is a large sportsbook with a ton of features that Canadians will love. It has a clean website design that makes it one of the best available, a lot of different soccer leagues and games covered, and great markets that make it a blast.
- Cons: Sports Interaction’s main flaw is that they don’t have a large variety of sports betting promotions. They have some standout offers, but there is a very limited supply of them. They also don’t have a dedicated mobile app but do have a solid mobile-optimized website. Their welcome bonus isn’t a standout option either.
- Welcome Offer: 100% Welcome Bonus of $100 Free Bets
- Pros: Betway is one of the most popular sports betting sites on the planet, with a huge number of users around the globe. It is a great place for soccer betting Canada, with extensive coverage of the beautiful game. They have a lot of different markets, a great mobile app that might be the best available, and a huge variety of different promotions that will provide endless fun.
- Cons: Some of the issues that have popped up with Betway is that, while they do have a variety of awesome promotions, some of them may have terms and conditions that limit the value users enjoy from them. While they do have great soccer coverage, their niche sports options may lag behind competitors.
- Welcome Offer: 100% Matched Deposit Up to $200
- Pros: Shangri La is a sportsbook that has rapidly risen to become one of the best-known. It is a relatively new option, but a good one. Shangri La has one of the biggest welcome bonuses you’ll find in Canada, with some seriously great offers. They have a lot of markets available and coverage of just about every soccer league on the planet. They also have some fun features to enjoy.
- Cons: The Shangri La website design isn’t the best I’ve ever seen, with a simplistic look. They don’t have as many withdrawal methods as the average bettor would want, but they still have just about all the standard options. Their sports betting promotional offerings aren’t the most extensive.
- Welcome Offer: 100% Matched Deposit Up to $500
Best Mobile Soccer betting experience
While most operators don’t have apps, the mobile experience is incredibly important. Let’s look at three operators who provide top-notch mobile soccer betting experiences for their users.
- Betway: Betway has a dedicated mobile app that users can find on the App Store or Google Play Store. It brings all the features bettors enjoy from Betway to a mobile format.
- 888Sport: 888Sport also has a top-notch mobile experience. 888Sport is a well-known operator, and their mobile version is a ton of fun. It keeps the same great look and design with all the great promo offerings that set 888Sport apart.
Top Soccer betting sites features
Features are an important aspect of a sportsbook that really distinguishes it. Features are the unique ways of using an operator that they allow. They’re different from bonuses and promotions as they are around constantly. They can be fun ways to bet, specific payment methods, or other different options.
With soccer betting Canada, there will be certain features that can enhance your enjoyment of sports betting. Let’s look at some of the different features that can dramatically improve soccer betting sites for users.
- Live Soccer Betting: If you are soccer betting in play, what that means is that you are placing bets on a game that is already underway. Live betting sports allows you to place bets throughout a sporting event with odds that change based on what’s happening. With soccer, it is a great way for fans to profit off the chaos and back and forth action of games.
- Soccer Bet Builder: The Bet Builder feature is one that allows users to craft customized prop bets that tie together a variety of things within the same game. Not every website has this feature, but for the ones that do, it can be highly useful to bettors. An example of a soccer bet builder would be creating a line that says Manchester United will score 3+ goals, win the game, and Ronaldo will score.
- Cryptocurrency Soccer Betting: Cryptocurrency is the virtual money that is making waves with investors right now, and certain operators, such as Bodog, allow users to bet with it. They can deposit and withdraw with things like Ethereum and Bitcoin, adding a new layer to their gambling experience.
- Soccer Cash Out and Partial Cash Out: Cash Out, and Partial Cash Out is a fun part of the live betting experience. They allow bettors to exit their bets before they have finished, either at a win or a loss. Bettors can cash out at a win if their bet looks likely to hit or at a loss if their bet looks unlikely to hit. This is important for bettors who want to secure some guaranteed winnings.
Best Soccer Betting Canada Offers and Promotions
Betting sites will often provide bonuses and promotions to their users. These are ways of incentivizing bettors to place bets on certain games, on certain markets or just attract action in general. Typically, how they work is that sportsbooks will offer rewards or prizes in exchange for certain bettor actions. There is a lot of different soccer betting online sites that offer promotions, with each one having different kinds.
One of the important things to note about promotions is that you should always check the terms and conditions to understand what the real value they are offering is. The terms and conditions can dramatically transform what bettors are receiving from a promotion, as many of them are quite restrictive. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the different promotions a soccer bettor is likely to enjoy.
- Welcome Bonus: The Welcome Bonus is a bonus bettors get for signing up and depositing with a sportsbook. Typically these bonuses are in the forms of matched deposits up to a certain percentage and amount. These tend to be the biggest kinds of promotions and are available on just about every operator, including Funbet, GGBet, Tonybet, and more.
- Free Bets: Free Bet offers are a great promotion that provides users with entirely free bets that are risk-free. Some operators will just provide these for certain games and markets, while others will give bettors more freedom. As well, sometimes, it is required that you must make a certain number of bets to receive a free bet. Free Bets can be found on Fezbet, 888Sport, and numerous other operators.
- Boosted Odds: Boosted Odds are when a sportsbook will take a certain market and increase it to make it more favourable to bettors. For example, a Boosted Odd would be if Barcelona was -150 to win a game, and a sportsbook boosted those odds to +150 to make it better for gamblers. You can find Boosted Odds on Betway, Sports Interaction, and more.
- Boosted Winnings: Boosted winnings are when you receive a certain amount more for winning on different kinds of bets. An example of boosted winnings would be you receive a 20% boost for parlay bet wins of four or more legs with a sportsbook. You can find Boosted Winnings on 888Sport, GGBet, Fezbet, and more.
- You Lead, You Win: You Lead, You Win bonuses are great but rare offerings for bettors. How a you lead, you win promotion will typically work is that if the team you bet on goes up by a certain margin, you win the bet, regardless of what happens after. For example, a typical you lead, you win bonus margin would be a two-goal lead in soccer. The sportsbook that has the best options for this is Betway.
- Reload Bonuses: Reload bonuses are a kind of bonus that is similar to a welcome package because it often includes a matched deposit. Some sportsbooks will offer this bonus as a weekly one, where bettors can receive matched deposits once a week to reload their betting funds. Sportsbooks that have had this promotion include GGBet, Fezbet, 888Sport, and more.
Betting Strategy: How to bet on
There’s a lot to know when it comes to soccer betting online. It can be an extremely complicated thing. But we at My Betting Canada are here to help, and in this section, we’re going to give some comprehensive explanations to several key aspects of soccer betting, including the markets, rules, and leagues/tournaments that impact the gambler experience.
Markets and Types of Bets
Markets and types of bets are the various things within the game that bettors are wagering on. There are a lot of different kinds of markets and betting types out there for soccer bettors. Let’s look at some of the specific markets or types of bets that you can expect to find on soccer betting sites.
- Moneyline: A Moneyline bet is the simplest kind of soccer bet. You are picking what the direct outcome of a game will be, meaning whether a team will win, lose, or draw. If you bet Napoli on the Moneyline as your source of soccer betting for today, that means you’ve picked them to win.
- Handicap/Spread: The handicap is a line that is the projected score difference in a game. Bettors can choose to bet for or against the handicap. If a team is handicapped at -1.5, and you bet for this handicap, that means you’ve bet on them to win by two or more goals.
- Total: The total is also known as the goals over/under. It is basically the line that projects the total amount of goals that will be scored in a game combined. Bettors can bet over, meaning the teams will score more than the line or under.
- Outrights: Outrights is a market that is based on something long-term that won’t be decided in the first game of the year. An example of an outright bet will be who will win the World Cup or who will score the most goals in the Premier League.
- Game Props: Game Props are a type of bet that is based on things within the game that may not directly impact the final score. This is the most expansive market. Bettors can bet on everything from how many corner kicks there will be to which team will win the first half.
- Player Props: Play Props are very similar to game props, except they’re for individuals rather than players. This means they’re odds on outcomes tied to player performance. Examples will be will Harry Kane score in a match and so on.
- Parlay: Parlay betting is when multiple bets are tied under the umbrella of a single bet. It boosts the winning for the bet more than if you had bet on each market individually. In order for a parlay to hit, each of the bets within it has to hit.
Soccer betting rules
Let’s look at some of the different rules that determine how soccer betting online works.
- All Match odds are based on 90 minutes of play and stoppage time. If a game doesn’t go to full time, bets don’t count.
- Extra time, penalty shootouts, and golden goals don’t count towards bet unless otherwise stated.
- If the venue changes, bets still count unless the home team is no longer the home team.
- If a player does not enter the game, bets on them for props are ineligible
- Moneyline bets can be placed in three different ways because soccer can end in ties: team A wins, team B wins, or Draw
Top Leagues and tournaments
Soccer is the world’s most popular sport, and because of that, narrowing down the top leagues and tournaments is no easy task. Almost every country from Europe to Africa and Asia has its own soccer leagues, with many having multiple leagues, and there are numerous massive tournaments throughout the year. Let’s look at some of the biggest leagues and tournaments.
For starters, we’ll discuss the domestic leagues. The largest and most widely recognized domestic leagues lie in Europe. The Premier League, England’s domestic league, is likely the best in the world. It has premier talent and some of the most respected clubs in the world, like Manchester City and United, Chelsea, and Liverpool.
Some of the other leagues also have top teams, although they are typically less deep than the Premier League. La Liga is the Spanish league, and it has three of the top teams in the world, with F.C. Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Atletico Madrid. The French league, Ligue One, has Paris Saint Germain and several other high-budget teams. In the Bundesliga, the German league, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund dominate headlines. Lastly, in Serie A, Italy’s League, several big clubs, including A.C Milan, Juventus, Napoli, and Inter Milan, compete.
There are also leagues in other countries that attract attention. For soccer betting Canada, there are likely a lot of MLS fans due to the presence of Canadian teams like Toronto F.C. and the Vancouver Whitecaps.
There are many big tournaments in soccer. One is the Champions League, which features all the best domestic teams in Europe squaring off. There are also several major international tournaments where countries face off. Some of the biggest are the Euro Tournament, which is all the European countries, and Copa America, which is all the South American countries.
The biggest soccer tournament is, of course, the World Cup. It features all the best teams in the world going head to head for a chance to become the top team in international soccer.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Canada?
Before most bettors ever start soccer wagering, this is an important question they need to be answered. The answer to this is yes! Single-game wagering is legal in Canada, and offshore betting websites are also fully legal, so you can place soccer bets without concern over legality.
What is the Safest Market for Soccer Betting?
Typically, the safest market in most sports is Moneyline because it is the simplest. With game props and player props, there is a high degree of luck and randomness to it, and bettors don’t often have any idea what will happen one way or the other. But with Moneyline bets, it is simpler because bettors can be aware of who is the better team.
Which Bookmaker has the Best Soccer Betting Bonuses?
This is a tough one to answer because there are so many great soccer betting sites with top-tier bonuses. Three websites that are especially known for having great offers, including some bonuses unique to soccer, are Betway, 888Sport, and Fezbet, which have a lot for gamblers to enjoy.
What is the Biggest Event for Soccer Betting?
The biggest event for soccer betting is typically the World Cup. The World Cup is likely the single most significant sporting event, and it only occurs once every four years. It attracts countless eyeballs and a huge amount of bettor action from countries all across the planet.
Which are the best Soccer Betting Sites?
This is a question that has an answer that will be different for everyone. We’ve introduced you to some of the top options on the internet, from Betway and Sports Interaction to Funbet and Tonybet. With that in mind, go try out some of these top soccer betting Canada options, and find the one that is best for you, and enjoy your soccer betting for today.
- MyBetting Canada
- Soccer Betting Sites Canada