If you are looking for the top NBA betting sites for Canadians, you've come to the right place. At MyBetting Canada, our job is to review sports betting sites that provide a top-notch experience for Canadian bettors. Today, we'll be looking at some of the top NBA betting sites that are available to Canadians. We'll be breaking down these sites in detail from the unbiased perspective of a bettor. We'll be looking at everything from their NBA betting odds to their betting apps and their sports betting bonuses. Hopefully, we'll provide you with enough information to determine which of the NBA betting sites is the best fit for you. Ready? Let's get started.
NBA Betting Canada - Exploring the top betting sites
Understanding the NBA
Before you launch into your NBA betting strategy, you should have familiarity with the league and how it works. If you want to make good money from NBA betting Canada, knowledge of the game is a must. Let’s take a look at the league and how it works.
The NBA features 30 teams, with 29 set in the United States and one in Canada. It is composed of teams that feature players from all around the world, with talent from North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, and Oceania. It is the top league of basketball talent in the world. Naturally, if you are doing some basketball online betting, this is the biggest league to focus on.
The NBA is composed of two conferences, with 15 teams in each conference. Within each conference, there are three divisions, with five teams in each division.
Each team will play 82 games. The games take 48 minutes and are divided into four quarters of twelve minutes, with a break after two quarters for halftime. If the teams are tied after four quarters, the game enters an overtime period, which is five minutes long. NBA games can’t end in ties.
After the regular season, when 82 games have been played, the postseason begins. Ten teams from each conference enter the postseason, with the play-in tournament being the first round of postseason action. Teams are seeded based on their win-loss record in the regular season.
The play-in tournament has the 10th seeded team and 9th seeded team playing in a single-elimination game. Whoever loses that game is eliminated. There is also a game between the 8th seeded team and the 7th seeded team. Whoever wins that game proceeds to the postseason. The loser of the 8th and 7th seeded game plays the winner of the 9th and 10th seeded game, with the winner proceeding to the playoffs.
From there, in each conference, the 1st seeded team plays the lowest-seeded team, the 2nd seed plays the 2nd lowest-seeded team, the 6th seeded team plays the 3rd seeded team, and the 5th seeded team plays the 4th seeded team. These series are all best of seven, with the first to four wins advancing.
Eventually, there is one team remaining in each conference, and they square off in the NBA championship in a best of seven series. The winner is crowned the league champion.
There are NBA betting lines available throughout the year, and bettors can enjoy NBA betting online from the first game of the season through the finals.
Our Top NBA Betting Sites
Here are some of the operators that we believe are the best NBA betting sites for Canadians.
Sports Interaction is a sportsbook created in Canada that is one of the most popular in the country. Owned and operated by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, Sports Interaction has spent decades as one of the best betting sites around. They have a smoothly designed website with a great layout, a large sportsbook, and a new and improved welcome bonus. They have a ton of markets for NBA betting available, including player props and more.
Sports Interaction Welcome Bonus: Matched Deposit of Up to $500 in Free Bets
Fezbet is one of the new betting sites currently taking the sports gambling world by storm. While Fezbet’s welcome bonus might not be great, they more than make up for it with some of the best sports betting offers available. They have a wide range of bonuses, including some truly massive offerings. Their website also looks great, and they have top-notch NBA betting lines for bettors to engage with. Their sportsbook is one of the biggest available.
Fezbet Welcome Bonus: 100% First Deposit Bonus of Up to $100
If you are searching for an operator with great mobile offerings, a smooth and intuitive layout, and some of the top promotions on the internet, 888Sport is right for you. 888Sport has one of the biggest sportsbooks for NBA betting Canada, with a range of features that bettors are certain to absolutely love. Their mobile experience is top-notch, and using their website is simple and fun. 888Sport has been around for a while now, and their great website is one of the main reasons why.
888Sport Welcome Bonus: 100% Matched Deposit Up to $250
Betway is one of the most popular operators in the world, growing rapidly every year to become used by millions across the planet. They have one of the top website designs of any sportsbook and a dedicated mobile app that separates them from the pack. They also have several bonuses specific to the NBA, so bettors can find some fun promotional offerings. Betway also has great player props, and fun features like Betway boosts that can enhance odds on basketball games.
Betway Welcome Bonus: 100% Matched Deposit Up to $200
Best NBA betting app
The mobile experience is essential with a sportsbook, as it allows gamblers to enjoy their betting from wherever they may be. Some sportsbooks provide downloadable, dedicated mobile apps that can be found on the Apple or Google Play store. Others have mobile-optimized websites that serve as mobile platforms for making online bets. Let’s look at the operators that offer the best mobile experience for NBA Betting online.
- Betway: Betway has a dedicated mobile app that can be downloaded on the app store. It is a fun and feature-heavy app that nicely brings the Betway experience to the phone. It looks great and functions super effectively, and is highly popular for a reason.
- 888Sport: 888Sport is also well-known for its downloadable mobile app that iPhone and Android users can enjoy. The 888Sport app is highly enjoyable and does an excellent job of bringing the 888Sport experience to an easy-to-use, intuitive format.
- Bodog: Bodog is one of the oldest betting sites available to Canadians, having been around since the 1990s. But they keep up with all the latest NBA betting trends, including a strong mobile platform. The Bodog mobile platform is easily accessed from a browser on your phone, is intuitive, fast, and captures the innovativeness of the desktop experience.
How to Bet on NBA Games
There are a lot of things to do and know before you put your NBA betting strategy into action. Betting is a complicated thing, but at MyBetting, we are here to help. We’ve prepared a breakdown of some important things that will teach you how to bet on NBA games. We’ll break down the different markets and bet types you can expect to find, as well as the different NBA betting rules, and hopefully, provide you with all you need to know for NBA betting Canada.
Markets and Bet Types
- Moneyline: A Moneyline bet is the simplest kind of bet. If you pick a team on the Moneyline, that means you’ve selected them to win their game.
- Point Spread: The Point Spread is the projected score differential in a game in favor of one team. If the Raptors are -3.5, they’re favored to win by 3.5 points. Bettors can bet for the spread, meaning the Raptors will win by four or more points, or against it, meaning the Raptors will lose or win by three or fewer points.
- Total: The Total is a line that is projected to be the total amount of points scored by both teams combined. Bettors can choose to bet the over, meaning the teams will combine for more total points, or the under, meaning they’ll combine for less total points.
- Outright/Futures: Outrights is a market that covers things in the future that haven’t taken place yet, and won’t be determined in the first game of the NBA season. Some examples of outrights include who will win NBA MVP, who will be the NBA champion, and so on.
- Game Props: Game Props are markets that are based within a game that may not directly impact the outcome. They can be something like how many combined three-pointers there will be between both teams, how many fouls, who will win a quarter or half, and so on. This is one of the most expansive markets.
- Player Props: Player Props are like Game Props but for individual players rather than teams. Examples of Player Props would be things like will Gary Trent Jr. score more than 19 points, will Chris Paul get more than 8.5 assists, will Joel Embiid have more than ten rebounds, and so on.
- Parlays: Parlays are a type of bet where bettors combine several different bets into one. The odds increase based on how many bets are in the parlay, with each bet increasing the odds. For a parlay to hit, all aspects of it need to succeed. If you join 11 bets in one, and ten aspects hit, the bet is still a failure.
- Live Betting: Live Betting allows bettors to place bets on games that already started. The odds change for the games based on what is happening. If one team goes on a 10-0 run to start the game, their odds will improve. Live betting sports is a great way to profit off the back and forth chaos of an NBA game.
NBA betting rules
Every sport has different rules on betting sites that define how they work. It is important to be aware of these rules, as they govern the best way to bet on NBA games. Every operator might have slight variations of the rules, but here are the general ones that will likely hold consistent for NBA betting Canada on most sportsbooks.
- The game must be played on the date and in the location scheduled for it to count.
- NBA Games must go 43 minutes for a bet placed on full games to count as action. If the game doesn’t go for 43 minutes, money is returned.
- Overtime counts on Moneyline wagers
- Overtime also counts on Player Prop bets and as a part of 2nd Half Game Props.
- Overtime also counts towards Totals and Spreads.
- For 1st half wagers, the entirety of the first half must be played
- The Quarter must be completed for Quarter bets to count. Fourth Quarter bets don’t include Overtime
- For Player Props, players must play in order for wagers to have action
- For Team to Win Conference Wagers, it is based on the team that makes the NBA Finals out of the Conference, not the team that has the best record
Top 10 NBA Betting Sites for Canadians
Here are 10 of the best NBA betting sites around, so if you want to bet on NBA games, here are some of the great operators to do it with.
- Sports Interaction: An operator built by Canadians for Canadians with huge NBA offerings and a smooth design.
- Shangri La: A rising bookmaker with a big Welcome Bonus, great NBA betting odds, and a top-tier user experience.
- Betway: One of the world's best-known sportsbooks with NBA-centric bonuses, a great layout, and top-notch security.
- Bodog: Bodog is one of the oldest operators still around, with innovative features like NBA cryptocurrency betting.
- 888Sport: 888Sport has a beloved mobile app, a ton of promotions, and a great reputation amongst gamblers.
- Funbet: Funbet is undergoing a redesign, but when it is in operation, it has one of the biggest NBA sportsbooks around.
- GGbet: GGBet is known as an e-sport betting operator, but it has just as great coverage of NBA markets with top-notch live betting.
- Tonybet: Tonybet is a sportsbook that has caught on quickly, in large part because of the sheer number of props in their sportsbook.
- Fezbet: Fezbet is one of the newer options out there with a great layout, tons of promotions, and great NBA options
What We Look for on NBA Betting Websites
We’ve given you some NBA betting tips by sharing the sportsbooks we think are best for NBA gambling. But what makes these websites great? There are several things we look for in a sportsbook that differentiate a good sportsbook from a bad one. Here are the criteria we look for when we make our list of top operators.
- Legality and Security: This is the most important thing. We make sure before recommending any sportsbook that it is one of the legal betting sites in Canada and that it is safe and secure to use.
- NBA Coverage: NBA coverage is whether the sportsbook has odds available on all NBA games and events. The NBA is a massively important league, so if a website is to be included on this list, it must have all NBA events covered.
- NBA Markets: Markets are the various occurrences that bettors are gambling on happening or not happening. For a betting site to be considered among the best, it must have a variety of NBA markets, like Player and Game Props, Outrights, and more.
- NBA Offers and Promotions: NBA offers and promotions are the different bonuses sportsbooks have that give bettors the chance to earn some additional winnings. Great NBA sportsbooks will have bonuses and promos specific to the NBA.
- NBA Features: Features are the different ways of using an operator the unique additional offerings that they provide users. We’ll dive more into this later, but a great NBA betting site will have fun and eminently reusable features.
- Mobile Experience: The mobile experience covers the options a sportsbook provides for its mobile users. Do they have an app? A mobile platform? How do they function? A top-notch mobile experience is an important component of a great website.
- User Interface: The user interface is how a website looks to a user. Is it easy to navigate and intuitive? Is it well-designed and aesthetically pleasing? A poorly designed sportsbook can ruin an NBA betting experience.
Best NBA Betting Site Promos and Offers
One of the most enjoyable aspects of NBA betting Canada is getting to engage with different bonuses and promotions. Bonuses and promotions are rewards bettors get for betting in certain ways or certain amounts. They are typically displayed on the Promo page of a sportsbook, and each operator will have different ones available. Bonuses and promotions can help bettors by providing them with additional winnings, free money, and even some incredible prizes.
One of the most important NBA betting tips when it comes to these promos is to always check the terms and conditions before engaging. Terms and conditions can dramatically alter the value you receive from a bonus, often for the worse. Before ever using an NBA betting bonus, read these terms. They’ll tell you exactly what you are getting and also explain how to get it. Never engage with a promo before reading the terms and conditions.
Something else important to note is that bonuses rotate in and out, often changing depending on the time of year. Many sportsbooks will create promos for big events like the NBA Finals that attract bettor action at this time of increased interest in basketball betting.
Let’s look at some different kinds of betting offers and promotions gamblers should be aware of.
- Welcome Package: A Welcome Package is the bonus bettors receive for signing up and depositing with a sportsbook. Typically, these are in the form of a matched deposit up to a certain amount. Some of the biggest welcome packages include Funbet, Bodog, and Sports Interaction.
- Free Bets: Free Bet offers are when a sportsbook gives bettors completely free bets with no risk, where bettors can still receive the profit. These are a great bonus with no downside. Oftentimes, bettors must do something to receive them, like bet $20 on NBA games for a $10 NBA free bet.
- Boosted Odds: Boosted Odds are when an operator will take a certain market and enhance the odds to be more favorable to bettors. An example of this is if a sportsbook took Steph Curry scoring 30+ points and the Warriors winning and boosted the odds from +150 to +250. Betway is known for this bonus.
- Parlay Boosts: Parlay Boosts are when a sportsbook boosts winnings on parlays with a sliding upwards scale based on how many legs are in the parlay. The more legs are in the parlay, the more the winnings are boosted by, typically up to 50%. Websites with this bonus include 888Sport and Funbet.
- You Lead, You Win: This is a bonus that will pay a Moneyline bet out as a win if a team goes up by a certain amount of points. Even if that team then blows their lead and loses, the bet still pays out. An operator known for this type of bonus is Betway.
- Prop Bet Returns: This is a bonus where if a certain prop hits, bettors can receive money back or even count losing bets as wins. On Betway, if the last score of a losing Moneyline NBA bet is a three-pointer, your money is returned as a Free Bet.
- Weekly Reloads: Weekly Reloads are when sportsbooks pay certain amounts of money every week in the form of matched deposits to help bettors reload their accounts. Some websites you could expect to find this bonus on include Fezbet and Shangri La.
Top NBA betting sites features
Features are the unique ways of using a sportsbook that is available on the website. Every operator will have different features available that set them apart from the competition, with some offering incredible and exciting features, while others miss the market with bland options that don’t have much reusable value. There are many different kinds of features you can expect to find online, but here are some of the ones that we believe are the most important for NBA betting sites to have.
- NBA Live Betting: Live Betting is a feature that allows users to bet on NBA games that are currently underway. This feature allows you to bet on games all the way up to the end, with odds that update as the game continues. You can find NBA Live Betting on most sportsbooks, from GGBet to Sports Interaction.
- NBA Cryptocurrency Betting: Cryptocurrency is now widely circulated and commonly used, and if you are a fan of virtual currency, you can now use it to place bets on NBA games. Some websites will allow you to both deposit and withdraw with things like Bitcoin and Ethereum, including Bodog, GGBet, and more.
- NBA Betting Tournaments: This is a less common feature that has a ton of value. It allows bettors to join in on different tournaments that center around NBA betting. These can be different things, such as a tournament that gives a signed jersey to whoever places the most NBA bets in a week or a tournament where bettors can enter for free and pick daily NBA results. You can find this feature on Fezbet and more.
- NBA Mobile Betting Apps: Mobile Betting Apps are downloadable on the App Store or Google Play Store and allow bettors to place bets from wherever they are and have their information stored. This is a great feature that is also quite rare. You can find NBA Mobile Betting Apps with Betway or 888Sport.
- NBA Cash Out or Partial Cash Out: Cash Out or Partial Cash Out allows bettors to exit a bet before the game has ended. A bettor can Cash Out at a win if their bet appears likelier to hit than it did when they placed it, or at a loss if the bet is less likely to hit. You can find this feature on operators like Tonybet, Betway, Sports Interaction, and more.
Which Bookmaker has the Best NBA Bonuses?
There are several sportsbooks with top bonuses, but only a few have ones specific to the NBA that is going on right now. The sportsbooks with the top bonuses for NBA bettors are currently Betway, Fezbet, and 888Sport, in my opinion.
What type of NBA bets have the highest Payouts?
The type of NBA bets with the highest payouts are parlays. Parlays can pay out the most of any kind of bet, as they combine different odds. But they are also the riskiest style of bet, so be warned!
What is the Advantage of Player Props?
The advantage of Player Props is that they allow you to bet on things that aren’t dictated by teams. If a team doesn’t play well and loses by a lot, your player props can still hit. This is because they are centered around the individual rather than the team. It is a whole different kind of betting, but one many enjoy.
What NBA Team is Favorited to Win the Championship this season?
Currently, there are several teams that are considered likely championship contenders. The Phoenix Suns, Golden State Warriors, Milwaukee Bucks, Brooklyn Nets, and Philadelphia 76ers all have a reasonable shot at winning, according to oddsmakers.
What is the Best Website for NBA Betting Canada?
There is no one website that is considered the absolute best for NBA bettors. Every website has its advantages and disadvantages, and each provides a unique experience. Any of the ten operators we’ve listed here is a great option, so get out there and give them a try to find the one that is best for you.